To finalize a reciprocal exchange, follow these steps:
- All exchanges are set as non-reciprocal by default, therefore, it is necessary to convert the exchange into a reciprocal one.
- Arrange and discuss all the details of the exchange together.
- First, one person has to pre-approve the exchange, then the other person must do the same.
- Both members have to finalize the exchange.
- Convert the exchange into a reciprocal one:
To convert the exchange you will have to click on the pencil icon located in the top right corner and then select the option "Reciprocal exchange":
Once the exchange has been modified, both parties will have the option to enter the details of the exchange. You will enter the details of your stay in "Your trip" and the other member will add his/her details in "Other member's trip".
Below there is an example. On the left, you will find the details of your stay and on the right, the details of the other member:
2. Arrange and discuss all the details of the exchange together:
You will have to add the details of your stay in ""Your trip":
- Arrival and departure dates.
- Number of guests visiting the other member's house including you.
In the tab "Other member's trip", you can modify:
- The number of GuestPoints per night for your house.
- The amount you require as a deposit
- Insurance (you can select "Mandatory" or "Optional")
GuestToGuest is flexible for reciprocal exchanges:
- You can choose to have the exchange on the same dates or on different dates.
- Both members can choose whether to charge each other the required number of GP/night for their properties, or they may set the number of GP/night to zero so that no GuestPoints will be charged to either of you for this exchange.
- You can adjust the deposit amount and select the Insurance option that best suits you.
- You can edit all these details by simply clicking on the red pencil icon in front of each item.
3. First, one person has to pre-approve the exchange, then the other person must do the same.
Once both members have finished arranging the details of the exchange, each member has to pre-approve the exchange by clicking on the red button "Pre-approve", located in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
4. Both members have to finalize the exchange by clicking on "Continue".
Once you click "Continue", the system will take you to the next screen where you will be able to choose which type of insurance will offer you the best coverage to suit your needs.
*Don't forget to click on "Accept terms and conditions"
Click "Continue" again and the system will take you to the payment page where you can finalize the exchange by paying for the selected services:
- 3,5% commission of the deposit: By making this payment, you authorize GuestToGuest to deduct the amount of the deposit in case it is necessary.
- The Insurance.
Once both parties have completed these steps, the exchange is officially agreed, accepted and finalized!
In case you need further assistance finalizing the exchange, please contact us on: email@example.com