A reciprocal exchange: a person is coming to your home and you are going to theirs during the same or different dates.
You can choose whether or not to exchange GuestPoints. GuesttoGuest allows you to be flexible with each exchange that you organize.
- Option 1: You do not want to exchange GuestPoints:
Example: You want the exchange to be neutral in GuestPoints.
- If your homes have the same value of GuestPoints per night, and that you are exchanging homes at the same time, there is nothing to do.
- If your homes have different GuestPoint values, you have the option to set your GP/night to the same amount for this specific exchange, without modifying the value of GuestPoints for your home as it appears on the listing!
For example, you can each set your homes to 0 GP/night din the exchange details, to be certain that no exchange of GuestPoints will be necessary.
For this, you must each modify the value of GP/night for the stay of the other following your conversation, in the GuesttoGuest messaging system. To the right of the conversation you will find the details of the exchange to modify:
1) Under the tab labeled "Their trip" you will be able to click on the red symbol to modify next to the GuestPoint value of your home:
2) Select 0 GuestPoints per night for their stay:
If the person with whom you are organizing the exchange does the same, you will be able to have a reciprocal exchange that is neutral in GuestPoints!
- Option 2: You wish there to be an exchange of GuestPoints:
Example: You and the other member have very different homes (apartment versus large house), and/our you are visiting each other's homes during different periods and durations.
The website will automatically calculate the difference of points when you finalize!
For example: If the homes have different GP values or your travel dates are not the same and both members agree to use GuestPoints for the exchange.
- The number of GuestPoints (GP) Zoé gives me to stay in my home: 48 GP per night and Zoé stays 3 nights in my home. 48 GP x 3 nights = 144 GP for her stay.
- The number of GuestPoints (GP) I am giving Zoé to stay in her home: 65 GP per night and I am staying 5 nights. 65 GP x 5 nights = 325 GP for my stay.
I will be giving Zoé the difference: 325-144= 181 GuestPoints