To rate an exchange:
- You can either click on the blue stripe that appears at the top of the screen when you sign in:
- Or you can do it directly from the messaging feature:
- Roll your mouse over “Messages” in the top right corner of your screen
- Click on "finalized" in the drop-down menu that appears
- In "Finalized" messages, open the conversation corresponding to the exchange you want to rate
- You will find the "Rate this exchange" button in the bottom right hand corner of the conversation, in the section where all the details of the exchange appear.
If you can't find the "Rate this exchange" button, this might be because your host hasn't returned your deposit yet. Once your host has confirmed that the house was left in an acceptable condition, they will return your deposit and you will be able to rate the exchange.
Once you are able to access the rate and review page, you will have to rate the exchange based on 3 criteria:
Below, you will see an example of a host reviewing a guest:
For each criteria, you will be able to rate the number of stars that best reflects your experience (A single click on the corresponding star is enough):
- 1 star= ¡Avoid it!
- 2 stars= Disappointing
- 3 stars= Sufficient
- 4 stars= Very good
- 5 stars= ¡Genius!
The first comment about the exchange will be public and will appears as a review on the host's/guest's profile.
The second comment, which answers the question "What would you say to your friends about GuestToGuest? " is sent directly to GuestToGuest as feedback to help us improve our services.
Please do not forget to click on "Send my Review" to save your answers.
- In a non-reciprocal exchange: You have up to 40 days from the last day of your stay to rate and review your experience. Your review will not be public until your host/guest has also reviewed the exchange. If the other party does not leave a review, your comment will be public from day 41.
- In a reciprocal exchange: It works exactly the same as in the non-reciprocal exchange. However, when there is a reciprocal exchange that does not occur during the same period, the 40 days to rate and review the exchange will start at the end of the second exchange.
Rating an exchange also allows you to thank your host/guest for the experience you have both shared.
In case you are disappointed, do not hesitate to contact us to help you write an objective review, we will know how to advise you ;)