The steps to finalize a non reciprocal exchange are:
- The guest has to contact potential hosts to find a place to stay.
- Discuss and arrange all the details of the exchange.
- Host has to pre-approve the exchange.
- Guest has to finalize the exchange.
1. Guest has to contact potential hosts to find a place to stay:
To learn how to do it, click here.
2. Discuss and arrange all the details of the exchange:
In the conversation screen, on the right hand side of the screen you will find the details of your exchange
These are the details you need to discuss and arrange with the host.
- Is the exchange a reciprocal or non-reciprocal exchange?
- What is the total number or guests?
- What are the arrival and departure dates?
The guest has to specify these details so the host can pre-approve the exchange. By clicking on the red pencil icon the guest can modify the number of guests and the arrival and departure dates.
The host must check and specify these details:
- Number of GuestPoints per night.
- The amount required as a deposit.
- The insurance (can select either "Mandatory" or "Optional").
The host can then modify:
- Number of GuestPoints for this particular exchange
- The amount required as a deposit for this exchange.
- The insurance (can select either "Mandatory" or "Optional") for this exchange.
3. Host has to pre-approve the exchange.
Once both parties have come to an agreement about the exchange, the host must click on "Pre-approve".
As the host, I note that this is a non-reciprocal exchange. Javier will stay at my property "Chambre en colocation a Paris", with one extra guest, from 01/11/2017 to 03/11/2017.
As my guest, Javier will give me 59GP/night, which makes a total of 118GP. The deposit I have set is € 300, insurance is optional.
If I agree with these details, I can click on "pre-approve" so that Javier, my guest, can finalize the exchange
4. Guest has to finalize the exchange
Once the host has pre-approved the exchange, the guest has to finalize it by clicking on "Continue" in the bottom right hand corner of the screen:
The guest can then choose:
- The insurance option that best suits him/her (if this is mandatory).
- If the insurance is optional, the guest can choose any insurance option or click on "I don't want insurance".
If the guest buys insurance, they must check the box at the bottom stating "I have read and accepted the general terms and conditions of the insurance":
By clicking on "Finalize", the guest will be redirected to a secure online payment system and will be able to finalize the exchange by paying:
- 3.5% commission of the deposit: By making this payment, you authorize GuestToGuest to deduct from the deposit as and if necessary.
- The insurance (if applicable).
In case you need further assistance finalizing an exchange, please contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are more than happy to help you!
Have a nice day!